Adderall 20 mg: A Stimulant Medication
The Adderall drug of 20 mg is a stimulant medication that affects certain chemicals in the brain that controls hyperactivity, impulses, and the sleep cycle. It is able to improve an individual’s attentiveness by regulating these chemicals. The effects of Adderall 20 mg tablets include euphoric effects, calmness, potential feelings of getting high, etc. For this reason, many people try to misuse and abuse Adderall drugs.
Adderall 20 mg Administration
Can be taken with or without food as per the doctor’s advice.
The first dose should be taken in the morning right after you wake up and the subsequent additional doses must be taken as scheduled at regular intervals of 4-6 hours.
Try to avoid late evening cause that may lead to potential insomnia.
Here, on our BigpharmaUSA website, we supply all the available variants of Adderall. Adderall is basically available in two forms for public use:
- Adderall immediate-release (IR) form. That means the drug is immediately released into the bloodstream after you intake the medicine.
- Adderall XR extended-release (also ER) form. This means that the drug is released slowly into the bloodstream over time.
Adderall medication is available in various variants to suit the need of the patients.
The optimal Adderall dosage will vary from individual to individual. It can be determined by how an individual metabolizes the medication. The following factors impact a typical individual dosage:
- How much medication is absorbed into the bloodstream
- How much medication is absorbed into the bloodstream from the gastrointestinal tract
- The acidity level of the gastrointestinal tract
- How quickly the amphetamine is excreted out from the system via urine
- Whether you take Adderall IR or Adderall XR for the treatment procedure
- The age of an individual
- Any previous health conditions
- The side effects Adderall may induce on you
Children between 3-5 years old usually start with Adderall 2.5 mg initial dose to be taken once daily. However, children 6 years of age and older usually start at a dosage of 5 mg of Adderall, and the dose may be gradually increased up to 40 mg a day in one or two divided doses.
Adults taking Adderall may start with 5 mg once or twice daily and work their way up to a 40 mg dose administered in one or two divided doses. Anyhow it is important to consult with your authorized doctor and not alter the Adderall doses without their advice.
How Long Can it stay in The System?
After taking an Adderall immediate-release 20 mg tablet, an individual can typically feel the effects in about 30 to 60 minutes. The peak effects can be observed in 2 to 3 hours after taking the tablet. These effects may last for around 4 to 6 hours. To cure ADHD, Adderall IR 20 mg tablets are normally prescribed to be taken twice a day.
Factors that can affect how long Adderall drug stays in an individual’s system include:
- How often does the person take Adderall medicine
- When the last Adderall dose was taken
- Having kidney or liver impairment
Traces of Adderall 20 mg
Commonly test for amphetamines is conducted to determine the presence of Adderall drug in an individual’s system. Urine tests, blood tests, hair tests, and saliva tests are most commonly used to determine whether an individual has used Adderall or any similar drugs.
- Urine test: It is most likely to be tested positive for Adderall on a urine test for up to 72–96 hours after the last dose of Adderall 20 mg.
- Hair test: Traces of amphetamines salts can be detected in a hair test for up to 3 months after the last usage.
- Saliva test: Traces of Adderall can be detected in an individual’s saliva for up to 20–50 hours.